Plans whole may value as a lot $2 Billion
ABOVE VIDEO: A First Have a look at the Stadium of the Future
JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA – The Jacksonville Jaguars right now launched conceptual designs for the Stadium of the Future, a design challenge practically three years within the making supposed to encourage a change of Downtown Jacksonville and safe NFL soccer in Northeast Florida nicely into the long run.
“We have now reached the top of this necessary and preliminary section of this challenge, the design of the stadium we envision would be the residence of the Jacksonville Jaguars and serve our complete group for generations to return,” mentioned Jaguars staff proprietor Shad Khan. “From stadium discussions beginning in 2016 to the formal course of launched in July 2020 and now concluding, our goal has all the time been the identical – lock in a promising future for the Jaguars and assist our downtown change into an financial engine to carry all of Jacksonville, significantly areas which have been underserved. Having the ability to share the video and stadium design highlights with the individuals of Jacksonville is a big step ahead in that effort.
“That is additionally all taking place at a unbelievable time for everybody. Jacksonville is pink scorching. Simply try all the latest rankings — finest locations to reside, finest housing market, hottest job market, finest place to start out a enterprise, Jacksonville ranks throughout the prime 5 in all of these lists. Add the very fact the Jaguars are coming off a playoff season, and positioned for even higher days forward, and all of it factors to raised and hopefully our greatest days simply forward in Jacksonville.”
The Jaguars and Metropolis of Jacksonville officers started work towards a long-term stadium resolution in July 2020 with a radical engineering evaluation of the present stadium, TIAA Financial institution Discipline. The evaluation concluded it was attainable to unravel stadium challenges through a renovation of the city-owned facility versus new development.
In-depth surveys of followers and different key stakeholders adopted together with a complete choice course of for a design accomplice. After its choice as architect for the challenge staff, HOK’s Sports activities + Recreation + Leisure follow then collaborated with the Jaguars on turning ideas into extra definitive renovation plans.
“This transformation transcends the stadium’s boundaries. The design creates an iconic, accessible group nexus that ties collectively the encompassing neighborhoods and riverfront,” mentioned Peter Broeder, HOK’s design principal. “The venue will have fun Jacksonville’s pure panorama and local weather, providing a park-like ambiance enriched by the newest facilities, participating social areas and cutting-edge know-how. This unprecedented challenge will place Jacksonville as a premier vacation spot for top-tier sports activities and leisure occasions for many years to return.”
Along with HOK, the challenge staff consists of Affect Growth and Administration because the proprietor’s consultant, with AECOM Hunt and Barton Malow serving within the position of preconstruction supervisor.
The Stadium of the Future design meets the evolving wants of all stadium stakeholders, which embody the Jaguars, the annual Florida-Georgia school soccer sport, the TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, worldwide sporting occasions, main music festivals/excursions and the hundreds of followers and company in attendance at every occasion.
Design highlights embody:
– Drawing inspiration from Jacksonville’s lush landscapes–a community of biking and strolling trails, parklands, greenways, seashores and marshes—the placing design captures the essence of Florida. Followers will enter via a subtropical Floridian park, main them to the primary concourse. The concourse is elevated 30 toes above the bottom, providing expansive views for Downtown Jacksonville and the St. Johns River.
– The 360-degree concourse, 4 occasions wider than earlier than, will characteristic interactive social bars and quite a lot of distinctive experiences alongside culinary delights native to Jacksonville. Each fan will uncover one thing distinctive throughout every go to to the venue, which presents a variety of premium choices and communal areas.
– The seating bowl flexibility supplies for a base capability of 62,000 with enlargement capabilities as much as 71,500 for a school soccer sport and extra for a live performance. The venue can rework its look via lighting and digital know-how that can create distinctive game-day experiences whereas making certain that followers keep related.
– The stadium is designed with sustainability in thoughts. With a first-of-its-kind mirrored materials, the energy-efficient facade displays Jacksonville’s waterfront, vegetation and distinct spirit. The open-air venue options a big shade cover that reduces warmth retention by greater than 70 %, lowers temperatures 10 to fifteen levels and shield followers from the climate. The façade is raised on the northern and southern ends to optimize airflow, enabling passive cooling all through the stadium.
– The stadium will characteristic lookout decks that supply citywide views. A fritted roof membrane introduces dispersed ambient mild all through the stadium inside.
– The brand new stadium design addresses key fan requests, together with a 185-percent improve in predominant concourse floor space, a 260-percent improve in higher concourse floor space, 360-degree connectivity within the higher concourse, 13 new elevators and 32 new escalators to help vertical motion, 220 new meals and beverage factors of sale and 14 new restrooms.
– Building will generate hundreds of jobs and, as soon as full, the stadium will change into a supply of immense civic delight and a coveted vacation spot for residents and guests alike to Jacksonville, which was rated by Lending Tree earlier this 12 months as No. 5 amongst America’s Largest Boomtowns – and No. 1 amongst NFL markets.
“We totally anticipate a reimagined sports activities advanced with the renovated stadium as its centerpiece will spark growth within the east finish of Downtown Jacksonville just like the renaissance of the Brooklyn neighborhood to the west,” Jaguars President Mark Lamping mentioned. “Combining the facility of growth to each the west and east of Downtown Jacksonville ought to create much more momentum in our downtown core, which is already set to learn from The Shipyards challenge at present underway.
“Simply as necessary, this challenge will present a growth increase to current neighborhoods across the sports activities advanced, such because the OUTEAST neighborhood. Our objective is easy — maximize each ounce of optimistic affect made attainable by this challenge so all Jacksonville residents might profit.”
Over the subsequent two weeks, the Jaguars will play host to a sequence of Huddle Up Jax occasions the place residents and followers can be taught extra concerning the Stadium of the Future designs. Lamping might be on website on the group huddles, which might be strategically situated round city to make sure entry for all of Duval County.